International Students

We are pleased to open our doors to welcome international students to our College.

Canada is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse countries in the world, which makes studying here an excellent opportunity to develop your language skills and boost your prospects for an interesting career.

Our International Student Advisors are here to help you settle in and ensure your overall success and well-being during your time at our institution and we are committed to help you navigate through this transition and answer your questions.

For enrollment, costs and application procedures, please read through the links we provided below to find out everything you need to know to further your education in Canada.

Procedure to Study in Canada

Apply for Admission

Application Process

  • Complete your application form and ensure you have all items listed in the Application Checklist
  • Scan all documents and submit the PDF file by email to
  • Pay the non-refundable application fee (If you are applying within Canada you may pay the non-refundable fee by cash, cheque, VISA and/or Mastercard. If you are applying from outside of Canada, you may pay the non-refundable application fee by credit card or wire transfer.
  • Once Rosewood College received all documents required, and your application is successful we will issue a “Letter of Acceptance”
  • Once you receive your letter of Acceptance, you must apply for a Study Permit (Visa) & Work Permit (if applicable) or ensure your that your existing Permit(s) are valid
  • Inform Rosewood College of your arriving date
  • Bring your original documents, passport and valid study permit to the orientation on the first day of class

Application Checklist

  • Completed Application Form
  • Application fee of CAD $100.00(the application fee is non-refundable and is required for the application to be processed)
  • Proof of English Language Proficiency with test results
  • High school diploma and/or transcripts from post-secondary institutions with official English translations
  • Copy of Passport with Photo
  • Copy of Valid Study Permit
  • Copy of Valid Work Permit (if applicable)
  • Original document of any additional relevant training/professional standings earned
  • Copy of your updated resume/CV listing your recent relevant work experience

Study Permit/Work Permit/Visitor Visa

  • International students who want to study in Canada for more than 6 months, are responsible to apply for a study permit.
  • If your program has a clinical/practicum placement required, please apply for your work permit along with your study permit application. 
  • A visitor visa is sufficient if you want to study for 6 months or less.

Please review the link below to familiarize yourself with the Government of Canada requirements when it comes to Applying for a Study Permit

Health Insurance

  • All international students must have Health Insurance, this insurance can be purchased at various agencies.
  • International students whose duration is 12 months or more may be entitled to apply for Alberta Health Insurance.
  • International students whose duration of studies is less than 12 months or who are not entitled to Alberta Health Insurance are advised to buy private health insurance prior to arrival in Canada.

Please review the link below to familiarize yourself with the Province of Alberta requirements when it comes to Health Care Coverage for International Students:

Frequently asked questions

Do I need a permit to study in Canada?

In general, international students need a study permit to study in Canada.

What is a study permit?

The study permit is a document issued that allows international students to study at designated learning institutions in Canada.

What is the processing time for a study permit?

· The times needed to process your application may vary among visa offices. Check the application processing times link below for more details.

I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit? Post-Secondary Study

You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid. Get step-by-step instructions on how to notify IRCC that you have changed DLI’s using your account.

International students must meet the following admission requirements:

    • Standard Student Admission:
        • All applicants must be 18 years or older.
        • All foreign credentials must be translated into English and equivalent to grade 12 level in Canada.
    • Mature Student Admission:
        • All applicants must be 18 years or older.
        • All applicants must complete level 3 of the Canadian Achievement Survey Test for Adults (CAST) which is equivalent to CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) level 6.5


The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) assesses international educational credentials and compares them to educational standards in Canada. IQAS assessments are designed to increase access and entry to: the job market, educational institutions and professional regulatory organizations.

Please review the link below in order to submit a copy of your credentials and familiarize yourself with the IQAS assessment website:

    • The Financial form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar within 30 days of withdrawal.
    • Tuition, fees, and refunds are assessed in accordance with the College’s fee schedule and refund policies indicated below:
          • Link to college’s fee schedule and refund policies
    • Refunds will be issued directly to the registrant via cheque.
    • Rosewood College is required to notify Canada Immigration of all withdrawals. If a student decides to withdraw his or her application prior to entering Canada, the student must return both the original letter of acceptance and the original letter from Immigration.
 C.J. Anderson Jersey