“Creating tomorrow’s Healthcare professionals Today”
Rosewood College will provide you with the opportunity to learn hands-on skills to assist people to care for themselves and maintain independence. Students will learn about interpersonal communications, behavior management, chronic conditions, death and dying, and health and wellness.
In our Health Care Aide program, you’ll learn how to follow institutional policies, theoretical concept and directives within the health care industry. You will also learn to assist clients who suffer from short or long-term illnesses.
By the time you finish our program you will be able to communicate effectively with patients and provide compassionate physical care while ensuring patient safety and comfort.
As a Health Care Aide (HCA) you will provide basic nursing care to residents, assists with activities of daily living, and implement health services to clients who have medical conditions and/or major functional limitations. As a Health Care Aide, you will be responsible for attending to the clients’ physical and emotional needs through in-home assisted living programs or at long-term care facilities.
As a Health Care Aide graduates, you could work at health care agencies, long-term health care facilities, retirement homes, group homes, adult daycare, etc.
- The role of the Health Care Aide in the Canadian health care industry
- Developing communication and interpersonal relationship techniques
- Familiarization with Canadian legislation within the professional environment
- Introduction to the human body and functions
- Health and illness
- How to adapt care strategies for people in different stages of health
- Establishing client and worker safety techniques needed for working in the healthcare field
- Learning how to provide and assist with activities of daily living for the clients
- Developing skills for different health conditions
- Students will be exposed to real life scenarios in a lab setting
- Acquiring care strategies for complex care appliances and conditions
- Lab skills will ensure students become confident in techniques
- Dementia will be covered in depth, allowing students to gain a detailed understanding of the condition and care skills involved when dealing with dementia.
- Educational foundation and skills necessary to assist with medication delivery will be presented
- Students will be tested on knowledge and practical based medication delivery
- Diverse age-related care needs will be covered, beginning from infancy up until end-of-life care.